Monday, February 2, 2009

Idols-pffffft!

Ruth tells me that I am odd because I don't really hold anyone in "idol" status. I just don't feel that other people, no matter their accomplishments, are so impressive that I just have to meet them or get their autograph. The old "if you could have dinner with 3 people from any time period" BS just doesn't interest me. I would rather have dinner with my friends. Don't get me wrong, I look up to people like Tom Osborne or Bo Pelini who have been/are the coach of the Huskers. But I am not interested in them any farther than what they can do for the football team. The same goes for all of those brilliant philosophers, doctors, pioneers, etc who have made our world a better place. Good job, now move over, I 'm trying to watch the game. I don't mean that to be arrogant, if they lived down the street and I could build a friendship with them, it would be different. But to idolize somebody from afar seems silly to me.

A lot of this outlook I am sure comes from the fact that I am an introvert. People make me uncomfortable until I get to know them. Ruth can talk to anyone and actually likes meeting new people. Thankfully, our children seem to have the same trait. They are pretty outgoing and like to interact with others. I was pretty shy as a child and still remain so today.

No comments:

Post a Comment